Emeritus Research Pty Ltd (“Emeritus Research”) (ABN 34 091 996 575) is pleased to provide you with access to this website and related services (“Website”) on these terms and conditions. By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use as amended from time to time (“Terms”).
About Emeritus Research
Emeritus Research is an independent clinical research centre based in Melbourne, Australia. We conduct and manage clinical trials from Phase Ib to IV in a range of indications that encompass two key therapeutic area pillars – Inflammatory Conditions and Lifestyle Diseases. Our clinical trials involve medicines and therapeutics that treat and prevent chronic and acute illness. We also have comprehensive capabilities in medical device and diagnostic studies too.
About this Website
Use of this Website is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except for cached content, you must not without Emeritus Research approval:
- Modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish or license any content displayed on this Website (“Content”).
- Use or attempt to use any Content to create any web site or publication.
- Mirror or frame any part of the Website.
- Use any automated process of any sort to query, access or copy any Content or generate or compile any document or database based on the Content.
- Transfer or sell any Content, functionality or products or services offered on the Website.
You are Responsible for the Use of this Website
Be aware, the Content and services made available on this Website are provided as general information only. The Website, Content and related services (a) are not professional, expert or other advice and are not a substitute for such advice; (b) may not be appropriate, correct or sufficient for your circumstances; (c) should not be relied on as the only reason you do or don’t do anything; and (d) may not be continually accessible or free from errors or viruses.
If Emeritus Research suffers any loss or damage or incurs in any cost in connection with a breach by you of these Terms, you agree to indemnify Emeritus Research for all such loss and damage.
About Emeritus Research Services
At Emeritus Research, the sole focus is to conduct clinical trials at a site level and provide opportunities for clinical trial participants to become actively involved in the clinical research process. Emeritus Research has conducted clinical assessments and provided medical care to thousands of people through the trials managed. Emeritus Research partners with local and international biopharmaceutical companies and contract research organisations to set-up, manage and complete clinical trials.
If Emeritus Research offers services to you including participation in a clinical trial, these are subject to additional terms and conditions including a consent form. If any inconsistency exists between these Terms and the additional terms and conditions, the additional terms will prevail.
For more information on our specific services, please refer to “Services” page.
Emeritus Research Responsibility to You is Limited
To the extent permitted by law, Emeritus Research excludes all implied terms and warranties whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the Website and the subject matter of these Terms.
Emeritus Research will only be liable to you if:
- the law implies a consumer guarantee or other term into these Terms which cannot be excluded and Emeritus Research breaches that term but its liability, if permitted by law, will be limited to one of the following remedies (at Emeritus Research option): (a) in the case of services, the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of resupply; and (b) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods) or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the claim arises from or in connection with any deliberate breach of these Terms by Emeritus Research or fraud, but, to the extent permitted by law, Emeritus Research liability will not include Consequential Loss.
Other than as set out above and to the extent permitted by law (including without limitation the Australian Consumer Law), Emeritus Research will not be liable to you for:
- claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms, your access and use of the Website, any Content, the products and services advertised or accessible from this Website and all other related services whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), indemnity, strict liability, breach of warranty or statute; or
- loss of use, production, profit, revenue, business, data, contract or anticipated savings or for delay or for any financing costs or increase in operating costs or any economic loss for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (Consequential Loss).
For the purposes of this section only, the term Emeritus Research means Emeritus Research Pty Ltd, its officers, employees, contractors and agents, whether individually or collectively.
Copyright, Trademarks and Licence
All Content is © Emeritus Research Pty Ltd 2017. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated on the Website, the Content on the Website is owned by or licensed to Emeritus Research and is subject to copyright. You may:
- only copy or reproduce Content for the purpose of browsing the Website or making a copy for your own personal, private or research use, provided that such use constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act; and
- not alter or modify the Content or remove any legal notice associated with it.
Where you have any moral rights in the material you provide to Emeritus Research, you agree to waive any rights in the same and will not otherwise enforce your moral rights in any Other Content.
Emeritus Research Respects Privacy
What Law Governs these Terms
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria (Australia) and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
Emeritus Research May Change These Terms
Emeritus Research may, in its absolute discretion, modify or amend these Terms and such modifications will be binding upon you once displayed on this Website. You should regularly check these Terms on the Website for changes.
Emeritus Research may cease to provide you with access to the Website or any of its services without notice.
If any provision of these Terms is invalid, the invalidity shall not affect the valid Terms which will remain in full force and effect.
All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Contact Emeritus Research
If you have a question, problem or complaint or need to contact us:
Location: 291 Wattletree Road, Malvern east VIC 3145 Australia
Postal Address: 291 Wattletree Road, Malvern east VIC 3145 Australia
Phone: +61 3 9509 6166
Contact: Clinical Research Manager
Email (questions, problems and complaints): firstname.lastname@example.org